Sunday, March 4, 2012

No pics, but the birds think spring is on the way

Driving to work yesterday morning I saw my first Red-winged Blackbird of the year. Made the left to go out to the highway and there he was sitting on a fencepost, chest all puffed up, and warbling to the world. This put a smile on my face most of the morning. Taking the road between Gooding and Wendle, I looked out into a cornfield full of black cows and noticed an extra bright white clump on the ground. The clump was stuck to a darker clump. Turns out out it was a Bald Eagle sitting on the ground, and as I drove by I saw it's mate hanging out a few feet way. They were being harassed by crows and it made me wonder what they had down on the ground. This morning driving Teh Spawn to church, black birds were everywhere. I was excited to have seen one, and today they are all over.

The weather is beautiful this afternoon, and I even have the windows in the house open for the fresh air. It's still long sleeve tee shirt weather outside, but no jacket.  The sun is shining, the wind has died down. /happydance is all I have to say.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful here as well on the west side of the state. Short sleeve t-shirt and windows open. Got some cleanup down and filling up the water barrel and testing the solar oven for temp on a nice but not hot day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWinin

Try these other posts