Sunday, March 24, 2013

Home Made ButterMilk Waffles, Survivial Bracelet, Wood Box

Scott made a place for me to keep firewood in the house for Christmas. It took a little bit longer than Xmas to get it to the house. He still wants to sand blast it, fix the weld joints, and make it Plum Brown to match the bed he made for me. It holds quite a bit of wood. More than I thought by looking at it. It easily holds enough for a few days. I snapped a photo of it in place in the kitchen next to the wood stove. He has plans eventually for a whole set of tables for the living room. Coffee table, end tables, plant stands, all in the same reed and cat tail pattern. I've very excited. I'm also very lucky to have a husband who is crafty and can build stuffs for me.



I have a better picture this morning of Scott's Survival Bracelet.  
I made Waffles this morning. I love this recipe.  It's easy to put together. Everything is already in my pantry or my fridge except the buttermilk. I have to remember to pick that up every time I make these. This time I bought enough for two batches, and froze the second batches worth in ice cube trays in my freezer. I'm pretty sure I found the recipe on Alton Brown's site, but I have changed it a little. The waffles are yummy when done. Crispy on the outside, chewy and soft inside. Just the right amount of salty. In fact I eat these plain for breakfast in the morning at work. Just heat in the micro, no butter, no syrup.
Butter Milk Waffles
  • 2 cups flour (I used bread flour, that's what was in my pantry)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  •  1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 3 whole eggs beaten
  • 2 oz melted butter
  • 10 oz butter milk at room temp
Wisk together the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients. Wisk together well till almost smooth. This will be a very thick batter. Almost like cake batter.  Let sit for 5 mins while the Waffle iron heats up. Follow direction for you waffle maker. My batter and waffles came out very yellow because I'm using eggs fresh from my chickens. The yolks are a very rich orange color and oh so yummy.

I picked my waffler up at a thrift store for $2.50. It is forever old. I looked it up online, but couldn't find when it was made. All I care is that it still works, and makes the perfect size to stuff into a small sandwich ziplock baggie. They break into four pieces.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts