Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life on the homestead. Well I don't really know if you can call it a homestead yet. I'm not raising my own animals for food yet. It's winter so I don't have a garden. No chickens, no cows, no pigs. No tomatoes, eggplants, peas. I'm still trying to make my own things. I did the hats. I made a scarf for myself. I want to take apart the denim rag rug I started and redo it. I just have to remember where I stuck it. Fri I made bread. Yesterday I took the two turkey carcasses out of the freezer and made turkey stock. Six cups in the freezer, and made turkey noodle soup with the rest. Today was made up a batch of sausage and scrambled eggs, and fried potatoes and onions, so Scott can make breakfast burritos when I'm not home in time to make him breakfast before work. More bread. And for dinner was bacon wrapped chicken thighs with mozzarella inside. I stoled the recipe from my friend Melissa. Her blog is here. http://livefromnapa.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/prosciutto-wrapped-rosemary-chicken-thighs/ She did a rosemary stuffing, but I'm not a fan of rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts