Sunday, October 23, 2011

I need to stick to kindling

So in an effort to do some work around the house, and work on some upper body strength, I decided to try and split some of the logs we didn't get to when the log splitter was here. Ugh. I am not strong enough, or coordinated enough for it. I thunked the handle into a log with the axe part off the side. I hit the side of the axe into the wood. I thunked the damned thing right into the log, and just dented the top. It was rather funny actually to watch. I kept splitting just a thin sliver off the side of the log. A few I actually hit just right, perfect in the center, and split the log. It was not a pretty site. I made Teh Spawn take pics, since I'm always taking pics of them working around the house. Try not to laugh too hard.

 Hitting with the handle instead of the head





Splitting a piece off the side





Oh look, another slice off the side




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts