Monday, December 17, 2012

Garlic Ginger Chicken

I occasionally get lost on Pintrest. For hours. Really. Pintrest is like a mind sucking black hole that you don't even realize you've fallen into until you look up and realize hours have gone by, and you're looking at things three subjects removed from what you went on to look for in the first place. I did find a recipe I wanted to try the other day. Today I remembered finally to get some ginger while I was at the grocery store. 

Garlic Ginger Chicken


4 chicken breasts. (I cut these up when I buy them. I slice them horizontally to make them thin, and then in half to make them about palm size, and freeze. I just used two cut up into 8 pieces)
4 cloves of garlic chopped fine
1 tablespoon grated ginger
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon oil
2 splashes soy sauce

Preheat oven to 500 (yes you read that right. I was kinda shocked at first too)
Lightly grease baking dish
Heat garlic in oil on med low heat till it just barely starts to brown
Add ginger and heat through
Add soy sauce and brown sugar
Remove from heat and stir until sugar mixes well
Salt and pepper chicken and place in baking dish
Spread garlic ginger mix evenly over chicken
Bake uncovered for 15-20 mins




I made rice with this. The pan juices were really good over the rice. I didn't season the chicken enough before adding the garlic ginger mix. Next time though I'll remember that chicken can take a lot of salt before tasting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts