Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blog-a-Day

I did it. I signed up for Carolyn's Blog-a-Day over at krazoacres. She's noticed, I've noticed, we've all been guilty, of slacking in the blog department. We sat around all winter long dreaming of what we wanted to get done come spring and now I'm still stuck in procrastination mode. I have a ton of pics I've taken, a bunch of blog posts I wanted to write, and didn't get to any of it. So starting today I'm going to try and do a blog post as often as I can. I don't think I can hit one every day, but I'm gonna try.


So, do I start with the oldest things I wanted to write, or work my way backwards? Oldest first it is.

The property next door is Mine, all Mine. Well mine ans Scott's. We helped the neighbors drive cross country to Minnesota. You couldn't pay me enough to live there, honestly. It was beautiful here, and I knew they were a couple weeks behind, but bleh!!! The trees weren't budding yet. It was cold. The ground was wet everywhere. Land of 10,000 lakes and one million bogs it should be called. They had a terribly hard, long winter, and the high only got up to the low 40's while we were there. I was so happy to be home.

It took three days to drive from South Central Idaho to North Eastern Minnesota. Having the horses meant more and longer breaks, and stopping overnight.

Still in Idaho

This was really for a noxious weed seminar in Livingston, Montana, but it was too funny not to take a pic of.  


Badlands, North Dakota


Lake in Minnesota where we didn't catch any fish



Lake Superior





Finally,blessed blessed home. Linda picked us up from the airport, and Gene brought us back home. He stayed with us for a few days, and we got some fishing in at Crystal Lake. 







2 comments:

  1. Bring on the posts! And pictures :) Never been to Minnesota, looks very pretty.....but cold. I may complain about the heat, but I'd complain even MORE (if that was even possible) about the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been wonderfully beautiful here in mm since u left. Warm and the trees opened 2 days after u were gone. Been catching all kinds of fish and getting sunburnt. U have to come back in the summer sometime.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWinin

Try these other posts