Monday, June 9, 2014

Mountain Trail Challange

I took a day to play hooky yesterday. I wasn't at work and I didn't do anything on the farm. I was invited to go to a trail riding obstacle course to watch some friends compete. What a blast it was. I got sunburned, dehydrated, forgot my stuff in Carrie's truck, but I'd do it all over again. 



I was supped to set my alarm for 4:50 am so I could be at Dana's place by 6:00. Yeah. So I set it for 5:50. This dumb-ass got out of bed, showered, dressed, and out the door by 6:04 though. Still wasn't going to give me enough time to drive out to Dana's. Luckily for me they were stopping in Gooding for breakfast, so I met them on the corner, and didn't have to drive the two and a half hours to Wilder, cause I was going whether I got a ride or not.

Dana is competing in the Extreme Mustang Makeover, Boise edition. I've been hearing about her mustang, Raven, since she brought him home, but this was the first time I got to meet him. She has one hundred days to take a wild, previously untouched, mustang, and work her magic on him to get him broke and ready for a new owner.
Dana and Raven


The trail challenge we went to yesterday was a lets get out there, meet some people, get exposed to some things we don't see all the time, get worked over some things we would never think about going over/under/though if we were still in the wild, and trust our person not to let us get hurt, even if we think that obstacle is a horse eating monster. I got to meet Carrie, and her horse Magpie. My friend Honey Jo was also there with her horses Hammer, and Hopper. Dana rode Hopper yesterday too.

There was water to walk through, logs to step over in the water. Bridges over water, on the ground, over tunnels, and the wobbly bridge.

Dana and Raven on the wobbly bridge

I got to be the photographer, but they were all on Carrie's camera, so once she gets them downloaded I'll post a few. Here's some from my phone and ones I stole from facebook. I didn't get any of Carrie and Maggie on my phone, but watching them go back over the course after the competition made me wish I was riding along with them. They were having a blast.  

Honey and Hammer

Honey and Hammer
Dana on Hopper, Carrie in the foreground, and Honey


Dana and Raven






We also got to meet Mat who had his Mustang Makeover horse, Dan there as well.
Mat and Dan
Mat and Dana



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts