Friday, December 14, 2018

Shrimp journal

My jade/aura blue tank is giving me fits. I've had two berried aura blues, and one berried jade in the last few weeks drop their eggs. I was so excited to have those first berried aura blues. It's almost like what ever makes the eggs sticky on the underside of the female shrimp wasn't sticky enough. An egg or two could be seen dangling and in irritation she'd try and flick them off. Next thing you know, she's kicking off most of the eggs as others come loose. Here's a pic of it happening to a blue dream a while ago. You can see the eggs dangling underneath her. 





I also didn't keep a close enough eye on the yellows tank. I don't know if there's something going on in there, or I wasn't feeding enough high calcium food, but all the babies I had from four hatchings are down to seven juvies. I made Snello for all my tanks, and I've noticed even the snails are starting to look better. I'm going to start dosing these tanks with peroxide tomorrow. I found a vid by one of my fav shrimp keepers on youtube about using peroxide tanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3FFTiuzJo

Scott surprised me by letting me order shrimp I've wanted forever for Christmas. Crystal White or more commonly known as Ghost Bees. These are the shrimp I wanted in Barbee Bees most recent caridina pre order, and I waited just a little too long to be able to order them. He had 11 with three berried females up for sale. They ship tomorrow. Last time I ordered shrimp from him they shipped on Saturday and got here on Monday. Can't wait!


And how pretty are these guys looking? 









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts