Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Shrimp Journal

It's Christmas day. I've got my first berried shrimp in caridina tank four. That's the titibees/red safari culls/crs/cbs tank. It's one of the ttb's. I've seen the boys get the zoomies three times now, and this is the first berried female I've seen.








I did another dosing of H2O2 today in all the tanks but the ghost bees. I have one cherry that's managed to hang onto her eggs in caridina two (shadow panda/blue bolts) tank. One the other hand I have two blue bolts that obviously have failed molts, and I'm not sure if they're gonna live. I did a water change on their tank today to a few hours after the H2O2 treatment. The TDS had creeped up to 157 and the GH was 6. Hopefully the dosing and the water change forces a molt.






They're all hunched over and you can see the clear ring behind their heads that looks like someone put on a rubber band two sized too small. Their antennae are bent and there're missing color in small patches too. 

My Christmas shrimp, the ghost bees, are doing brilliant still. The babies are starting to come out and move around the tank looking for bio film to graze on just like the adults do. 




The survivors of the velvets tank are still in the breeder box in the cobalt tank. I found another dead one this morning. That leaves me with five adults and one juvie. 



The yellows tank is still giving me fits. I had one berried female molt with her eggs still stuck to the old shell. I know there was a whole batch of babies hatched two weeks ago and I don't see a single one. All the ones in there do look good though. 



No more berried orange rili yet. Of course the food fell right in front of the algae covered bit of glass. 



I need a new light for my fluval the blue dreams are in. The light never reaches all the way to the bottom to get good pics. I got some amazing ones when it was on the kitchen table and the sunlight streaming through the window lit everything up. Now I get pics like this. That's with stealing the light from the caridina one (aura blues/jade) tank, and shining a flashlight on them. 


I know some of the problem is that it's a dirted tank and the tannins are higher in there than the other tanks. 

I finally got some good shots of the aura blues tonight. No more berried females yet though. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWinin

Try these other posts